How to safely wear and take off a cloth face covering
You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick. Follow the tips below from the CDC to wear and remove your face covering correctly.
Wear your face covering correctly:
- Wash your hands before putting on your face covering
- Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face
- Make sure you can breathe easily
- Do not place a mask on a child younger than 2
Taking off your face covering:
- Untie the strings behind your head or stretch the ear loops
- Handle only by the ear loops or ties
- Fold outside corners together
- Place covering in the washing machine
- Wash your hands with soap and water
Is the cloth face cover a substitute for social distancing?