Nutrition Challenge: Protein alternatives
There are lots of ways to get protein, besides meat and fish.
The Challenge: Try a new protein source this week.
- Seitan: Made from wheat gluten, and seasoned with salt and savory flavors
- Quinoa: A seed that contains all nine essential amino acids
- Lentils: Edible legumes high in fiber and protein
- Tempeh: Made directly from cooking and fermenting soybeans
- Tofu: Made from condensed, unfermented soy milk
The Challenge: Try an alternative protein this week. Are you in?