Stay healthy this Thanksgiving
Studies have shown that people consume 3,000 to 5,000 calories on Thanksgiving. That’s over double the daily intake, all in one meal!
Read through these tips from Greatist to keep your holiday healthy:
- Clear the table, do the dishes, or tidy the house. It gets you moving and burns calories.
- Find a Turkey Trot or 5K race, and sign up with friends or family to start your holiday off active.
- Drink water throughout the day.
- Watch out for liquid calories. Stick to healthier drinks and cocktails like a vodka soda to avoid extra sugar.
- Wait 20 minutes before getting seconds. You'll be able to tell if you're really full or not.
- Don't deny dessert! Just stick to one slice of pie versus one of each flavor.
Do you think you'll try one of these tips on Thanksgiving?