June is National Safety Month. During this month, the National Safety Council is highlighting relevant issues with the aim of reducing the leading causes of injury and death at work, home, and on the road.
This week, we're focusing on ergonomics. Here are some tips to prevent injury:
- Take breaks from any sustained position every 20-30 minutes
- Limit the amount of time you spend doing the same motion over and over
- If you work at a desk, use a footrest and adjust your computer height
- When lifting, keep your back straight and lift with your legs
- Report pain, swelling, numbness, tingling, tenderness, clicking or loss of strength to your doctor before it becomes a full-blown injury