COVID-19: Positive updates from around the world
News surrounding COVID-19 can be pretty scary, and may lead to worry and stress. Here are a handful of positive updates:
- Over 140 candidate vaccines have been developed globally, and 18 of them are currently in human trials.
- Fashion designers and textile mills are making and giving out free face masks, while businesses and schools donate masks and other medical supplies to healthcare facilities.
- Satellite imaging has revealed significant reductions in air pollution, particularly in California, New York, and Washington.
- Medical researchers have developed low-cost solutions to the shortages of ventilators.
- More than 300,000 people worldwide have recovered from COVID-19.
Points for reading tile