Do you know how to stay safe during a lightning storm?
Thunderstorms can be exciting, but they are nothing to treat lightly. Follow the CDC's guidelines for staying safe during a storm:
If you're outdoors:
- After you see lightning, count to 30. If you hear thunder before you reach 30, go indoors.
- If no shelter is available, crouch low, with as little of your body touching the ground as possible.
- Stay away from concrete floors or walls.
If you're indoors:
- Avoid water during a thunderstorm
- Avoid electronic equipment of all types
- Avoid concrete floors and walls
- Avoid corded phones (Cordless or cellular phones are safe)
For more tips, check out this page from the Red Cross.
True or false: It's a good idea to take a shower during a thunder and lightning storm.