What to do when a natural disaster strikes
Hurricane Laura is now projected to be a category 4 storm. Your best defense is to have a plan so that you and your family are prepared. Here are 4 tips from Everyday Health:
- Learn evacuation routes found on your town or city's website.
- Have a family emergency plan. Create a plan about how you'll handle natural disasters.
- Assemble an emergency kit. Store copies of important documents, cash, spare keys to your house & cars, extra prescriptions, non-perishable food (pets included), first aid kit, and more in an easy-to-grab waterproof bag.
- Keep your gas tank full. Fill up your gas tank(s) as soon as possible.
- Designate a meeting place and practice two ways to get out of your neighborhood.
Make a commitment to put together a plan today so you're prepared for Hurricane Laura.